Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
- "Hello Gorgeous!" Cheyenne Jackson & the SF Symphony
Rise of right-wing populism
Today on Your Call: What explains the rebirth of right-wing populism?
On the next Your Call, following the State of the Union address, we’ll have a conversation with Thomas Frank, author of “Pity the Billionaire: The Hard-Times Swindle and the Unlikely Comeback of the Right. Why has the worst economy since the 1930s brought about the revival of conservatism and pushed the Democrats to the right? Join us at 10 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. How should progressives respond to right-wing populism? It’s Your Call with Holly Kernan, and you.
Thomas Frank, author of “Pity the Billionaire: The Hard-Times Swindle and the Unlikely Comeback of the Right”
Thomas Frank speaking tonight, January 25, 7:30pm at the Hillside Club in Berkeley
Thomas Frank speaking tomorrow, January 26th, 6pm at the Commonwealth Club in San Francisco