Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Not your stereotypical ‘Surfer Girls’ at Ocean Beach
- When it Comes to Admissions, What Do Colleges Really Want?
- Today on Your Call: How can storytelling about the ocean help save it?
- Today on Your Call: What happens when parents fund public schools?
Health, Science, Environment
Today on Your Call: What is fueling the world's food crisis?
On today's Your Call, we'll have a conversation about our inability to feed the growing population. One billion people around the globe go to bed hungry every night. According to the Food and Agricultural Organization of the U.N., food production must be doubled by the year 2050 to feed an expected 9 billion people. So what are the root causes of hunger? Join the conversation on the next Your Call, with Rose Aguilar and you.
Raj Patel, author of Stuffed and Starved and, most recently, The Value of Nothing
Kristin Sundell, a Policy Analyst at ActionAid USA
Raj Patel: The G8′s “Diet Coke Plus” Politics
NY Times: How to Feed the World
Mother Jones: How to Feed the World Without Wrecking the Planet
Christian Science Monitor: The world can feed itself without ruining the planet, study says
City Visions: January 30, 2012