Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
Health, Science, Environment
Today on Your Call: What is fueling the world's food crisis?
On today's Your Call, we'll have a conversation about our inability to feed the growing population. One billion people around the globe go to bed hungry every night. According to the Food and Agricultural Organization of the U.N., food production must be doubled by the year 2050 to feed an expected 9 billion people. So what are the root causes of hunger? Join the conversation on the next Your Call, with Rose Aguilar and you.
Raj Patel, author of Stuffed and Starved and, most recently, The Value of Nothing
Kristin Sundell, a Policy Analyst at ActionAid USA
Raj Patel: The G8′s “Diet Coke Plus” Politics
NY Times: How to Feed the World
Mother Jones: How to Feed the World Without Wrecking the Planet
Christian Science Monitor: The world can feed itself without ruining the planet, study says
City Visions: January 30, 2012