Most Active Stories
- City Visions: Can Bay Area Catholics and Archbishop Cordileone Find Common Ground?
- Enrollment now open for the 2015-2016 KALW News Audio Academy
- $5,400 for a piece of cardboard? The allure of 'Magic: The Gathering'
- Your Call: How bad is California’s drought?
- The Spiritual Edge: Afro-Cuban movement with meaning
Today on Your Call: What is happening in post-Chavez Venezuela?
On today's your Call, we’ll have a conversation about the socio-political landscape in Venezuela. March 5th marked the first anniversary of the death of president Hugo Chavez but the day came at a time of an unprecedented political unrest. What sparked the current protests? What political forces are at play? And how are these protests shaping the country’s future? Join the conversation on the next Your Call, with Rose Aguilar and you.
Carlos Martinez, former Venezuela program director for Global Exchange and the co-author of Venezuela Speaks!: Voices From The Grassroots
Rory Carroll, Guardian’s correspondent and the author of Comandante: Hugo Chávez's Venezuela.
Virginia López, journalist with The Guardian based in Caracas
The Guardian: Venezuela's poor join protests as turmoil grips Chávez's
The Conversation: Misrepresentation left, right and centre in Venezuela protests