Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
- "Hello Gorgeous!" Cheyenne Jackson & the SF Symphony
Today on Your Call: What is it like to live on food stamps?
On today's Your Call, we’ll talk about who is living on food stamps and how they are making ends meet. Over 46 million Americans receive food stamps, which allocates an average of $4 per day. The number of people relying on food stamp programs has risen with the recession. So how does the system work? Can you stay healthy on $4 a day? Join us at 10 or email us at email@example.com. If you’re on food stamps, how are you meeting your needs? It’s Your Call with Rose Aguilar, and You.
Paul Ash, executive director of the San Francisco Food Bank
Alexis Fernández, nutrition policy advocate with Food Policy Advocates in Oakland
Raymond Benton, program assistant at St. Anthony Foundation