Most Active Stories
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- Today on Your Call: How are digital devices affecting children’s health?
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Today on Your Call: What are 'best practices' for using digital devices?
Today on Your Call: What is it like to live on food stamps?
On today's Your Call, we’ll talk about who is living on food stamps and how they are making ends meet. Over 46 million Americans receive food stamps, which allocates an average of $4 per day. The number of people relying on food stamp programs has risen with the recession. So how does the system work? Can you stay healthy on $4 a day? Join us at 10 or email us at email@example.com. If you’re on food stamps, how are you meeting your needs? It’s Your Call with Rose Aguilar, and You.
Paul Ash, executive director of the San Francisco Food Bank
Alexis Fernández, nutrition policy advocate with Food Policy Advocates in Oakland
Raymond Benton, program assistant at St. Anthony Foundation