Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- When it Comes to Admissions, What Do Colleges Really Want?
- Today on Your Call: How are digital devices affecting children’s health?
Life on native reservations
Today on Your Call: What is life like on Native American reservations today?
On today's Your Call, we’ll speak with David Treuer, author of Rez Life, an examination of Native American reservation life, past and present. A United Nations special rapporteur recently recommended the restoration of some tribal lands in the US, including the Black Hills in South Dakota. Does the United States owe reparations to native people? If you've lived on a reservation, what's your experience? It’s Your Call with Rose Aguilar and You.
David Treuer, author of Rez Life
Caleen Sisk, chief of the Winnemem Wintu tribe
Krysta King, American Indian undergraduate student at Bemidji State University
Huffington Post: UN fact finder on indigenous rights wraps up visit
Redding Searchlight: Tribe plans to blockade part of Lake Shasta during war dance