Most Active Stories
- City Visions: Can Bay Area Catholics and Archbishop Cordileone Find Common Ground?
- Enrollment now open for the 2015-2016 KALW News Audio Academy
- $5,400 for a piece of cardboard? The allure of 'Magic: The Gathering'
- Your Call: How bad is California’s drought?
- The Spiritual Edge: Afro-Cuban movement with meaning
Health, Science, Environment
Today on Your Call: What’s behind the high obesity rate in the US?
On today's next your Call, we’ll have a conversation with Dr Deborah Cohen author of A Big Fat Crisis: The Hidden Forces Behind the Obesity Epidemic — and How We Can End It. Two out of every three adult Americans are either overweight or obese. How can we reshape our modern food culture? What role should the government play in changing the food environment? Join the conversation and call in with your questions on Your Call, with Rose Aguilar, and you.
Deborah Cohen, senior natural scientist at the RAND Corp where she has been studying obesity epidemic for more than a decade
Food Politics: A Big Fat Crisis
CDC: Adult Obesity Facts
Washington Post: Five myths about obesity