Most Active Stories
- Why are teachers leaving Oakland?
- The first look inside San Francisco's radical attempt to end homelessness
- Is Oakland’s DIY music scene in serious trouble?
- Everybody disagrees on how to solve San Francisco’s affordable housing crisis
- Putting an earring in my ear: the centennial of the Armenian Genocide
Today on Your Call: What’s next for museums?
On today's Your Call, we’ll have a conversation with Nina Simon, author of The Participatory Museum and creator of the blog, Museum 2.0. Museums are a labor of love. They generally require subsidies and a good many simply don't serve much of the population. A building movement hopes to turn museums into relevant and participatory spaces. How do we make our museums more dynamic, relevant, essential resources? And what is the value of the traditional museum? Join us at 10am Pacific Time or post a comment here. What's your favorite experience in a museum? It’s Your Call, with Matt Martin, and You.
Nina Simon, author of The Participatory Museum, creator of the blog, Museum 2.0, and executive
director of the Santa Cruz Museum of Art and History
Museum Two: Year One as a Museum Director...Survived!