Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Not your stereotypical ‘Surfer Girls’ at Ocean Beach
- When it Comes to Admissions, What Do Colleges Really Want?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
Today on Your Call: What’s next for museums?
On today's Your Call, we’ll have a conversation with Nina Simon, author of The Participatory Museum and creator of the blog, Museum 2.0. Museums are a labor of love. They generally require subsidies and a good many simply don't serve much of the population. A building movement hopes to turn museums into relevant and participatory spaces. How do we make our museums more dynamic, relevant, essential resources? And what is the value of the traditional museum? Join us at 10am Pacific Time or post a comment here. What's your favorite experience in a museum? It’s Your Call, with Matt Martin, and You.
Nina Simon, author of The Participatory Museum, creator of the blog, Museum 2.0, and executive
director of the Santa Cruz Museum of Art and History
Museum Two: Year One as a Museum Director...Survived!