Most Active Stories
- City Visions: Can Bay Area Catholics and Archbishop Cordileone Find Common Ground?
- Enrollment now open for the 2015-2016 KALW News Audio Academy
- $5,400 for a piece of cardboard? The allure of 'Magic: The Gathering'
- Your Call: How bad is California’s drought?
- The Spiritual Edge: Afro-Cuban movement with meaning
Today on Your Call: What’s the right future for public employee pensions in California?
On today’s Your Call, we will have a debate about the Pension Reform Act of 2014, a measure that would allow cities to adjust workers retirement benefits. Proponents argue that pension obligations are overwhelming city budgets; opponents say this is an attempt to fix city budgets on the backs of workers. Where do you stand in the pension debate? Join the conversation and call in with your questions on the next Your Call, with Rose Aguilar, and you.
Dave Low, Chairman of Californians for Retirement
Bill Kampe, Mayor of Pacific Grove
SF Chronicle: Mayors sponsor ballot measure on pension benefits