Most Active Stories
- Technically illegal: How thousands of property owners and renters are breaking the law
- What does it take to be a cop in Oakland?
- Women in STEM: Marine Mammal Center combines science with animal welfare
- Your Call: What makes an effective corporate pressure campaign?
- A Survey of Mission District families tries to discover why kids are falling behind
Today on Your Call: What’s in store for the future of US economy?
On today’s Your Call, our last show of the year, we’ll have a conversation about the state of US. According to the Commerce Department, broad-based economic growth might lead to a healthier labor market, but with millions of people out of work and income inequality at all time highs, what does economic growth even mean? Join the conversation and call in with your questions on the next Your Call, with Rose Aguilar and you.
James Galbraith, economist and professor of public affairs and government at the University of Texas
Anat Admati, George Parker Professor of Finance and Economics at Graduate School of Business at Stanford University
Washington Post: A familiar economic trend in America: Spending up, saving down
Sacramento Bee: As the local economy improves, the poor are left behind