Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- In an old church, the Internet Archive stores our digital history
- The Spiritual Edge: Celebrating the commonalities at Oakland’s ‘Sushi’ Mosque
- Are things looking up for City College of San Francisco?
- City Visions: Which Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Should You Be Taking?
Today on Your Call: What services are available for returning veterans?
On today's Your Call, we'll have a conversation about how veterans are navigating the VA system. More than a million vets are currently waiting for their benefits claims to be processed. And the average wait time is 273 days. We’ve heard these stories for years. Why is this still happening? Join us at 10 or post a comment here. President Obama had promised to revamp what he calls a “broken VA bureaucracy.” So what has changed under his administration? It's Your Call with Holly Kernan and You.
Aaron Glantz, staff reporter with the Center for Investigative Reporting, author of “The War Comes Home: Washington’s Battle Against America’s Veterans”
Center for Investigative Reporting: Returning Home to Battle
The Bay Citizen: Video: Veterans’ disability benefits delayed