Most Active Stories
- Why are teachers leaving Oakland?
- The first look inside San Francisco's radical attempt to end homelessness
- Is Oakland’s DIY music scene in serious trouble?
- Everybody disagrees on how to solve San Francisco’s affordable housing crisis
- Putting an earring in my ear: the centennial of the Armenian Genocide
Today on Your Call: What is the significance of gardening in your life?
On today's Your Call, we’ll share ideas about what it means to garden and what plants are best for planting and harvesting this time of year. From community gardens to guerilla gardens to backyard and rooftop gardens-- people are finding creative ways to grow plants for food, medicine, and beauty. What are you planting this spring? How does gardening change your feeling of connection to the natural world or to your community? Join us at 10 or email email@example.com. Can local gardens help more people live healthier lives? It’s Your Call with Holly Kernan, and you.
Pam Pierce, author of “Golden Gate Gardening: The Complete Guide to Year-Round Food Gardening in the San Francisco Bay Area and Coastal California”
Daniel Miller, executive director of Spiral Gardens Community Food Security Project
Pam Pierce: Golden Gate Gardener
(Spiral Gardens Event April 27th--Facebook)
(Comstock Farm Event on April 28th--Contact Lupe Figueroa firstname.lastname@example.org)