Most Active Stories
- Why are teachers leaving Oakland?
- The first look inside San Francisco's radical attempt to end homelessness
- Is Oakland’s DIY music scene in serious trouble?
- Everybody disagrees on how to solve San Francisco’s affordable housing crisis
- Putting an earring in my ear: the centennial of the Armenian Genocide
Today on Your Call: What is Silicon Valley’s political agenda?
On today’s Your Call, we’ll have a conversation about political power in Silicon Valley. Who are the big tech companies -- and their executives -- giving money to? Is there any sign that their political commitments have changed since 2008? Join us at 10am pst or leave a comment here. President Obama raises millions from Silicon Valley. What are the specific policies and legislation that matter to tech companies? And who’s calling the shots? It’s Your Call, with Rose Aguilar and you.
Michelle Quinn, Silicon Valley-based technology correspondent for POLITICO
Rob Cox, editor of Breakingviews, the global financial commentary service of Reuters in New York, contributor to Newsweek
Jeffrey Ernst Friedman, research director at MapLight
Daily Beast: The Ruthless Overlords Of Silicon Valley
POLITICO: Silicon Valley pushes policy goals