Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
Today on Your Call: What is Silicon Valley’s political agenda?
On today’s Your Call, we’ll have a conversation about political power in Silicon Valley. Who are the big tech companies -- and their executives -- giving money to? Is there any sign that their political commitments have changed since 2008? Join us at 10am pst or leave a comment here. President Obama raises millions from Silicon Valley. What are the specific policies and legislation that matter to tech companies? And who’s calling the shots? It’s Your Call, with Rose Aguilar and you.
Michelle Quinn, Silicon Valley-based technology correspondent for POLITICO
Rob Cox, editor of Breakingviews, the global financial commentary service of Reuters in New York, contributor to Newsweek
Jeffrey Ernst Friedman, research director at MapLight
Daily Beast: The Ruthless Overlords Of Silicon Valley
POLITICO: Silicon Valley pushes policy goals