Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- When it Comes to Admissions, What Do Colleges Really Want?
- What's Jesse doing in Kolkata?
Today on Your Call: What is in the Trans-Pacific Partnership?
On today’s Your Call, we’ll have a conversation about the United States’ latest trade agreement. The secrecy behind the negations has promoted over 400 grassroots organizations to call for public involvement. They’re calling the TPP a super-sized NAFTA that allows foreign corporations to override domestic laws on environmental health and citizens’ rights. What do you want to know about the TPP and why have the details been kept secret? It’s Your Call, with Rose Aguilar and you.
Ben Beachy, research director with Public Citizen's Global Trade Watch
Katitza Rodriguez, international rights director at Electronic Frontier Foundation
Arthur Stamoulis, executive director of Citizens Trade Campaign
Public Citizen: TPP: Corporate Power Tool of the 1%