Most Active Stories
- In a warmer world, researchers say climate change is intensifying California's water crisis
- $5,400 for a piece of cardboard? The allure of 'Magic: The Gathering'
- City Visions: Can Bay Area Catholics and Archbishop Cordileone Find Common Ground?
- Upgrading San Francisco's aging pipes in times of drought
- Your Call: What if we ate as if water mattered?
Today on Your Call: What is in the Trans Pacific Partnership Trade agreement?
On today’s Your Call, we’ll have a conversation about the highly secretive, multi-national trade agreement between the United States and 11 Pacific Rim nations. WikiLeaks has released a chapter focusing on patents, the medical establishment, and a whole section devoted to copyright and trademark issues. Why does Trans Pacific Partnership agreement matter? And how is it going to impact you? Join the conversation and call in with your question with Matt Martin and you.
Vinod Aggarwal, professor of political science at UC Berkeley
Maira Sutton, global policy analyst at Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF)
Ben Beachy, research director with Public Citizen's Global Trade Watch
NY Times: Obama’s Covert Trade Deal
Public Citizen: Eyes on Trade