Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
Today on Your Call: What is in the Trans Pacific Partnership Trade agreement?
On today’s Your Call, we’ll have a conversation about the highly secretive, multi-national trade agreement between the United States and 11 Pacific Rim nations. WikiLeaks has released a chapter focusing on patents, the medical establishment, and a whole section devoted to copyright and trademark issues. Why does Trans Pacific Partnership agreement matter? And how is it going to impact you? Join the conversation and call in with your question with Matt Martin and you.
Vinod Aggarwal, professor of political science at UC Berkeley
Maira Sutton, global policy analyst at Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF)
Ben Beachy, research director with Public Citizen's Global Trade Watch
NY Times: Obama’s Covert Trade Deal
Public Citizen: Eyes on Trade