Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Not your stereotypical ‘Surfer Girls’ at Ocean Beach
- When it Comes to Admissions, What Do Colleges Really Want?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
Today on Your Call: What is the value of youth mentoring programs?
On today's Your Call we’ll talk to people about their experiences with youth mentorship programs. Mentors can offer anything from academic encouragement to help dealing with life’s challenges. And these relationships have the powerful ability to help people cross social boundaries. If you’ve been a mentor or a mentee, how did it change you? Join us at 10am Pacific Time or post a comment here. What mentoring programs would you recommend to others? It’s Your Call with Rose Aguilar and You.
Theresa Jahangir, a mentor for a 5th grade student with Mentoring for Success
Becky Reed, a mentor for a high school senior through the program, 10,000 Degrees
Blanca, a senior in high school and Becky Reed’s mentee through the 10,000 degrees program
Leadership Oakland: Mentoring Statistics
If you want to become a mentor (which requires a commitment) you may contact:
San Francisco Education Fund
To register for the next training, February 13, call Caitlin Paul at 415.695.5400 x3006