Most Active Stories
- Why are teachers leaving Oakland?
- The first look inside San Francisco's radical attempt to end homelessness
- Is Oakland’s DIY music scene in serious trouble?
- Everybody disagrees on how to solve San Francisco’s affordable housing crisis
- Putting an earring in my ear: the centennial of the Armenian Genocide
Today on Your Call: What is the value of youth mentoring programs?
On today's Your Call we’ll talk to people about their experiences with youth mentorship programs. Mentors can offer anything from academic encouragement to help dealing with life’s challenges. And these relationships have the powerful ability to help people cross social boundaries. If you’ve been a mentor or a mentee, how did it change you? Join us at 10am Pacific Time or post a comment here. What mentoring programs would you recommend to others? It’s Your Call with Rose Aguilar and You.
Theresa Jahangir, a mentor for a 5th grade student with Mentoring for Success
Becky Reed, a mentor for a high school senior through the program, 10,000 Degrees
Blanca, a senior in high school and Becky Reed’s mentee through the 10,000 degrees program
Leadership Oakland: Mentoring Statistics
If you want to become a mentor (which requires a commitment) you may contact:
San Francisco Education Fund
To register for the next training, February 13, call Caitlin Paul at 415.695.5400 x3006