Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
Today on Your Call: What is the value of youth mentoring programs?
On today's Your Call we’ll rebroadcast a conversation we had about youth mentorship programs. Mentors can offer anything from academic encouragement to help dealing with life’s challenges. And these relationships have the powerful ability to help people cross social boundaries. If you’ve been a mentor or a mentee, how did it change you? What mentoring programs would you recommend to others? It’s Your Call with Rose Aguilar and You.
Theresa Jahangir, a mentor for a 5th grade student with Mentoring for Success
Becky Reed, a mentor for a high school senior through the program, 10,000 Degrees
Blanca, a senior in high school and Becky Reed’s mentee through the 10,000 degrees program
Leadership Oakland: Mentoring Statistics