Most Active Stories
- City Visions: Can Bay Area Catholics and Archbishop Cordileone Find Common Ground?
- Enrollment now open for the 2015-2016 KALW News Audio Academy
- $5,400 for a piece of cardboard? The allure of 'Magic: The Gathering'
- Your Call: How bad is California’s drought?
- The Spiritual Edge: Afro-Cuban movement with meaning
Today on Your Call: What is the value of youth mentoring programs?
On today's Your Call we’ll rebroadcast a conversation we had about youth mentorship programs. Mentors can offer anything from academic encouragement to help dealing with life’s challenges. And these relationships have the powerful ability to help people cross social boundaries. If you’ve been a mentor or a mentee, how did it change you? What mentoring programs would you recommend to others? It’s Your Call with Rose Aguilar and You.
Theresa Jahangir, a mentor for a 5th grade student with Mentoring for Success
Becky Reed, a mentor for a high school senior through the program, 10,000 Degrees
Blanca, a senior in high school and Becky Reed’s mentee through the 10,000 degrees program
Leadership Oakland: Mentoring Statistics