Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
- "Hello Gorgeous!" Cheyenne Jackson & the SF Symphony
Today on Your Call: What was your response to the George Zimmerman murder trial?
On today's Your Call we'll talk about the aftermath of the acquittal. Zimmerman, a man who identifies himself as Hispanic, was charged with second degree murder in the killing of unarmed black teenager Trayvon Martin in Florida last year. The judge barred attorneys from using the words “racial profiling” during the trial. What role did race play? And how is this case affecting communities of color? What’s your reaction? It's Your Call with Holly Kernan and You.
Oren Sellstrom, legal director of the Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights of the San Francisco Bay Area
David Muhammad, CEO of Solutions, Inc, consulting firm; former Chief Probation Officer of Alameda County Probation and the former Deputy Commissioner of New York City Probation
New America Media: How Do I Explain Martin Verdict to My Kids?
Huffington Post: The U.S. v. Trayvon Martin: How the System Worked