Most Active Stories
- City Visions: Can Bay Area Catholics and Archbishop Cordileone Find Common Ground?
- Enrollment now open for the 2015-2016 KALW News Audio Academy
- $5,400 for a piece of cardboard? The allure of 'Magic: The Gathering'
- Your Call: How bad is California’s drought?
- The Spiritual Edge: Afro-Cuban movement with meaning
Health, Science, Environment
Today on Your Call: What will it take to end the slaughter of dolphins in Taiji, Japan?
On today's Your Call, we’ll have a conversation about the annual slaughter of dolphins, which began in September and runs through March. According to observers in Taiji, this week, more than 200 dolphins were killed. Ambassador to Japan Caroline Kennedy and Yoko Ono are now speaking out. This issue is now getting international attention. Will the ongoing pressure have an effect? Join the conversation on the next Your Call with me, Rose Aguilar, and you.
Melissa Sehgal, a Cove Guardian with the group, Sea Shepherds in Taiji, Japan
Ric O’Barry, campaign director for the Earth Island Institute’s Dolphin Project; trainer for the 5 dolphins that played the character of Flipper; and the star of the Academy Award-winning documentary The Cove
Tomomi Mikawa, activist with the Dolphin Project
Michael McAteer, producer and television personality based in New York City and Japan
Sea Shepherd: Cove Guardians
Earth Island Institute: Save Japan Dolphins
Earth Island Institute: The Dolphin Project
Huffington Post: WAZA Can Save Angel and End Dolphin Hunts in Taiji