Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
Today on Your Call: What would an alternative online economy look like?
On today’s Your Call, we’ll have a conversation about forces behind the rapid growth of online advertising and marketing. In the first half of 2013, Internet ad revenue reached $20 Billion dollars. What are the economic drivers of the digital world? Who is benefitting from revenues generated online? And what are the alternatives? Join the conversation and call in with your questions on the next Your Call with Rose Aguilar and you.
Timothy Karr, senior director of strategy at Free Press
Jason Benlevi is the author of “Too Much Magic: Pulling the Plug on the Cult of Tech”
Jason Benlevi: On Technology, Culture and Politics
Atlantic: The Enduring Myth of the 'Free' Internet
New York Times: Is Instagram Another Path to Riches for Facebook?