Most Active Stories
- City Visions: Can Bay Area Catholics and Archbishop Cordileone Find Common Ground?
- Enrollment now open for the 2015-2016 KALW News Audio Academy
- $5,400 for a piece of cardboard? The allure of 'Magic: The Gathering'
- Your Call: How bad is California’s drought?
- The Spiritual Edge: Afro-Cuban movement with meaning
Today on Your Call: What would you do about rising CEO pay?
On today’s Your Call, we’ll have a conversation about widening inequality in the US and CEO pay. According to Bloomberg news, the ratio of CEO-to-worker pay has increased 1,000 percent since 1950. Fortune 500 CEOs make 204 times that of the average worker. How did CEO pay rise by so much so quickly? What would you do about rising inequality and CEO pay? Join the conversation on Your Call, with Rose Aguilar and you.
Dean Baker, co-director of the Center for Economic and Policy Research and co-author of Getting Back to Full Employment: A Better Bargain for Working People
Sarah Anderson, global economy project director of the Institute for Policy Studies
Huffington Post: Corporate Governance and CEO Pay: The Cesspool at the Top
Bloomberg: Top CEO Pay Ratios
The Guardian: Tax breaks for CEOs pay for million-dollar salaries
Christian Science Monitor: CEO vs. worker pay: Walmart, McDonald’s, and eight other firms with biggest
Cepr: Beat the Press