Most Active Stories
- Technically illegal: How thousands of property owners and renters are breaking the law
- At children's hospital, kids find comfort in music therapy
- Your Call: What do students and parents need to know before they take out student loans?
- Listen to the latest Manager's Report
- Your Call: How can photography impact the struggle for human rights around the globe?
Wal-Mart at 50
Today on Your Call: What's the future for big box stores?
On today’s Your Call, we’ll have a conversation about Wal-Mart as it turns 50. It’s the third-largest publicly traded corporation in the world and the largest private employer with 8,500 stores in 15 countries and 2 million employees. How has it been able to dominate the global retail market? Join us at 10 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. How has Wal-Mart set the labor standards for other big retailers? It’s Your Call, with Rose Aguilar and you.
Stacy Mitchell, a senior researcher with the Institute for Local Self-Reliance, where she directs initiatives on community banking and independent retail
Guadalupe Palma, a campaign director for Warehouse Workers United in Southern California
Charles Fishman, an award-winning investigative and magazine journalist and the author of The Wal-Mart Effect: How the World's Most Powerful Company Really Works--and How It’s Transforming the American Economy
Pam Davis, a current Wal-Mart employee in Richmond
Huffington Post: Walmart: 50 Years of Gutting America's Middle Class
Charles Fishman: The Wal-Mart Effect