Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
- "Hello Gorgeous!" Cheyenne Jackson & the SF Symphony
Today on Your Call: What's in President Obama’s proposed 2014 budget?
On today’s Your Call, we’ll continue our Agenda for a New Economy series by talking about President Obama’s $3.8 Trillion dollar spending budget. It includes cuts to Medicare and a change to the cost of living formula that determines Social Security benefits? A.F.L.-C.I.O. president Richard Trumka called the proposed changes “wrong and indefensible.” How much money is set aside for the military? What about revenue and tax loopholes? What changes would you make to the federal budget? It’s Your Call, with Rose Aguilar and you.
Mattea Kramer, senior research analyst at the National Priorities Project
Andrew Fieldhouse, federal budget policy analyst at the Economic Policy Institute
National Priorities Project: Top 5 Things to Know About President Obama's 2014 Budget
Washington Post: Wonkbook: Everything you need to know about the Obama budget