Most Active Stories
- In a warmer world, researchers say climate change is intensifying California's water crisis
- Upgrading San Francisco's aging pipes in times of drought
- Robots: a Hands-On Approach to STEM Education
- Your Call: Should orcas be held captive for human entertainment?
- How Should Bay Area Cities Regulate E-Cigarettes?
Today on Your Call: What's in President Obama’s proposed 2014 budget?
On today’s Your Call, we’ll continue our Agenda for a New Economy series by talking about President Obama’s $3.8 Trillion dollar spending budget. It includes cuts to Medicare and a change to the cost of living formula that determines Social Security benefits? A.F.L.-C.I.O. president Richard Trumka called the proposed changes “wrong and indefensible.” How much money is set aside for the military? What about revenue and tax loopholes? What changes would you make to the federal budget? It’s Your Call, with Rose Aguilar and you.
Mattea Kramer, senior research analyst at the National Priorities Project
Andrew Fieldhouse, federal budget policy analyst at the Economic Policy Institute
National Priorities Project: Top 5 Things to Know About President Obama's 2014 Budget
Washington Post: Wonkbook: Everything you need to know about the Obama budget