Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
Today on Your Call: What's the relevance of anarchism today?
On today's Your Call, we’ll have a conversation about anarchism. In the mainstream perception, “anarchy” is often synonymous with black masks, leaderless chaos, and property destruction. But many anarchists are creating positive solutions to social problems. Where are successful anarchist communities? And how would an anarchist economy function? Join us at 10 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you call yourself an anarchist, what does it mean to you? It’s Your Call with Rose Aguilar, and you.
Andrej Grubacic, author of Wobblies and Zapatistas: Conversations on Anarchism, Marxism, and Radical History and visiting professor of sociology at the University of San Francisco
Jenn Charles, founding collective member of the Subrosa infoshop and cafe in Santa Cruz