Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
- "Hello Gorgeous!" Cheyenne Jackson & the SF Symphony
Today on Your Call: Who Are The Emerging Global Consumers?
On today’s Your Call, we’ll have a conversation about the rise in consumer spending in China and India. By 2020, Consumer spending in China and India is expected to reach 10 trillion dollars a year. Who are these new consumers? And how are they changing their societies? Join us live at 10 or send an email to email@example.com. How is the rise in consumer spending impacting the global economy? It’s Your Call, with Matt Martin, and you.
Karl Gerth, a tutor and fellow at Merton College and an historian of modern Chinese history at Oxford University. His new book is As China Goes, So Goes the World: How Chinese Consumers are Transforming Everything.
Sandip Roy, the Culture Editor for Firstpost.com
Karl Gerth: As China Goes, So Goes the World
NY Times: The Impact of China’s Consumers