Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- Today on Your Call: How are digital devices affecting children’s health?
- What's Jesse doing in Kolkata?
Today on Your Call: Who Are The Emerging Global Consumers?
On today’s Your Call, we’ll have a conversation about the rise in consumer spending in China and India. By 2020, Consumer spending in China and India is expected to reach 10 trillion dollars a year. Who are these new consumers? And how are they changing their societies? Join us live at 10 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. How is the rise in consumer spending impacting the global economy? It’s Your Call, with Matt Martin, and you.
Karl Gerth, a tutor and fellow at Merton College and an historian of modern Chinese history at Oxford University. His new book is As China Goes, So Goes the World: How Chinese Consumers are Transforming Everything.
Sandip Roy, the Culture Editor for Firstpost.com
Karl Gerth: As China Goes, So Goes the World
NY Times: The Impact of China’s Consumers