Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
- "Hello Gorgeous!" Cheyenne Jackson & the SF Symphony
Today on Your Call: Who are the new voters?
On today's Your Call, we’ll have a conversation about the growth in participation by Latino, black, young and single voters in 2012 elections. What’s the effective way to reach out to these new voters – and keep them involved after the election? Join us live at 10 or send or leave a comment here. If you were a first time voter in 2012 – what issues matter most to you? And does the news media understand them any better than the Romney campaign did? It’s Your Call, with Rose Aguilar and you.
Pilar Marrero, senior political writer for La Opinión and now author of Killing the American Dream: How Anti-Immigration Extremists Are Destroying the Nation
Felicia Sullivan, a senior researcher at The Center for Information and Research on Civic Learning and Engagement at Tuft University
Emily Rusch, the State Director of CALPIRG, a non-profit organization that employ grassroots organizing, direct advocacy, investigative journalism, and litigation to affect public policy
New America Media: Latino Voters in the 2012 Election
The Guardian: Single women voted overwhelmingly in favour of Obama, researchers find