Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
Today on Your Call: Who are the UC Board of Regents?
On today's Your Call, we’ll have a conversation about how the 18 member board is appointed, how it operates, and how it influences decisions at 10 UC campuses across the state. What are their responsibilities and who holds them accountable? Join us at 10 or email feedback @yourcallradio.org. Recent meetings have been disrupted by students concerned about budget cuts and tuition hikes. What do you want to know about the UC Board of Regents? On Monday’s Your Call, with Rose Aguilar and you
Charlie Eaton, a sociology graduate student at UC Berkeley and leader of the UC Student-Workers Union
Richard Walker, professor of Geography at UC Berkeley
Peter Byrne, an award winning investigative reporter who specializes in uncovering government and corporate corruption
Damian Ortellado, Daily California: UC Board of Regents approves raises for campus administrators, lawyers
Peter Byrne, Spot.us: Investor's Club: How the UC Regents Spin Public Funds into Pricate Profit
Damian Ortellado, Daily California: UC Board of Regents’ meeting disrupted by protests
Anet Zimmerman, Press Enterprise: REGION: Protests set for UC regents meeting in Riverside