Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
Today on Your Call: Who is Jerry Brown?
On today’s Your Call, we’ll have a conversation about Governor Jerry Brown’s record and the bills he recently signed and vetoed. Join us live at 10 or post your comment here. What do you think of Governor Brown’s strategy to turn around California’s economy? And how has he changed since he was a governor in the 1970s? It’s Your Call, with Holly Kernan and you.
Mark Paul, an expert on California policy and former treasurer of the state of California. He is the co-author of "California Crackup: How Reform Broke the Golden State and How We Can Fix It."
Peter Schrag, a columnist for California Progress Report. He is the former editorial page editor and columnist of the Sacramento Bee and author, most recently, of “Not Fit for Our Society: Immigration and Nativism in America.”
Policy Nook: Brown's Small Approach to a "Massive Crisis"
Santa Barbara Independent: Shades of Jerry Brown
Huffington Post: Domestic Workers Bill Killed In California By Jerry Brown Veto
California’s Capital: Jerry Brown Not Saying “No” To New Laws As Much as Other Modern
NY TIMES: Bills Signed in California in a Flurry