Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- Today on Your Call: How are digital devices affecting children’s health?
- What's Jesse doing in Kolkata?
Today on Your Call: "Who Stole the American Dream?"
What will it take to shift power back to the people? On the next Your Call we’ll be speaking with Pulitzer-prize winning, former New York Times journalist Hedrick Smith about his new book, "Who Stole the American Dream?" We’ll talk about what Smith uncovered in his research as he examined the last four decades of corporate and political power and how that led to “the dismantling of the American dream.” With politicians ignoring public opinion, and the middle class shrinking, where do we go from here? Join the conversation at 10 or email email@example.com. What are your hopes to restore the balance of power? What does the “American Dream” mean to you? It’s Your Call with Matt Martin, and you.
Hedrick Smith, former New York Times and Pulitzer prize-winning journalist.
Harvard Business Review: Envy and the American Dream