Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
Health, Science, Environment
Today on Your Call: Why are Americans still gaining weight?
On today's Your Call, we’ll have a conversation with Dr. John McDougall about his new book, "The Starch Solution." According to Center for Disease Control, more than one-third of U.S. adults and approximately 12.5 million of children and adolescents are obese. We've heard about proper nutrition, so why don't we practice it? Dr. McDougal says eat your carbs--starch is the solution to the obesity crisis plaguing this nation. Can starch help heal the health crisis? Join us live at 10 or send an email to email@example.com. It's Your Call with Holly Kernan, and you.
John McDougall, physician and nutrition expert
Daniel J. DeNoon and reviewed by Brunilda Nazario, ajc: Fat Future: 42% of Americans May Be Obese by 2030