Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Not your stereotypical ‘Surfer Girls’ at Ocean Beach
- When it Comes to Admissions, What Do Colleges Really Want?
- What's Jesse doing in Kolkata?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
Today on Your Call: Will ride-sharing services mean the end of the taxicab?
On today’s Your Call, we’ll have a conversation about the explosion of Lyft, SideCar, Uber and other tech-enabled ride share companies. California recently became the first state in the country to legalize and regulate ride-sharing services. How are they competing with taxis and how are they affecting taxi drivers? Do you call for a cab or use your Smartphone app to get a ride? Join the conversation and call in with your questions on the next Your Call, with Rose Aguilar, and you.
Barry Korengold, San Francisco taxi driver and president of the San Francisco Cab Drivers Association
Lisa Gansky, environmentalist and an entrepreneur. She is author of The Mesh: Why the Future of Business is Sharing
San Francisco Business Times: San Francisco taxi drivers turn up heat on Lyft, Uber, SideCar
USA Today: Uber Lyft: Car services target