Most Active Stories
- Why are teachers leaving Oakland?
- The first look inside San Francisco's radical attempt to end homelessness
- Is Oakland’s DIY music scene in serious trouble?
- Everybody disagrees on how to solve San Francisco’s affordable housing crisis
- Putting an earring in my ear: the centennial of the Armenian Genocide
Today on Your Call: Will Robots Take Your Job?
On today’s Your Call, we’ll have a conversation with Martin Ford, author of "The Lights in the Tunnel: Automation, Accelerating Technology and the Economy of the Future." He says the common misconception about automation is that it will primarily impact low paying jobs, but sees a future where artificial intelligence will take over many high-paying knowledge professions. What will the economy of the future look like? Where will advancing technology, job automation, outsourcing and globalization lead? It’s Your Call, with Rose Aguilar and you
Martin Ford, the founder of a Silicon Valley-based software development firm. He is the author of The Lights in the Tunnel: Automation, Accelerating Technology and the Economy of the Future
Martin Ford: econfuture | Future Economics and Technology
The Atlantic: Artificial Intelligence Is the Next Killer App
News Hour: Rising Inequality: Don't Blame the Robots
Slate: Will Robots Steal Your Job?
NBC News: Nine Jobs That Humans May Lose To Robots