Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Not your stereotypical ‘Surfer Girls’ at Ocean Beach
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- When it Comes to Admissions, What Do Colleges Really Want?
Today on Your Call:Friday Media Roundtable
On today's Your Call, it’s our Friday media roundtable. This week, we’ll have a conversation about coverage of NSA's surveillance program. How are the media treating Glenn Greenwald, the Guardian columnist who broke the story? And what about Edward Snowden, the 29-year-old who leaked the story? We’ll also discuss coverage of the ongoing protests in Turkey. We’ll be joined by the Open America Project’s David Talbot, investigative journalist Tim Shorrock and freelance journalist Justin Vela. Where did you see the best reporting this week? It’s Your Call, with Rose Aguilar and you.
David Talbot, project director of Open America
Tim Shorrock, investigative journalist, author of Spies for Hire: The Secret World of Outsourced Intelligence
Justin Vela, freelance reporter based in Istanbul
Indiegogo: David Talbot's Open America Project
The Nation: Tim Shorrock's "A Modern-Day Stasi State"