Most Active Stories
- City Visions: Can Bay Area Catholics and Archbishop Cordileone Find Common Ground?
- Enrollment now open for the 2015-2016 KALW News Audio Academy
- $5,400 for a piece of cardboard? The allure of 'Magic: The Gathering'
- Your Call: How bad is California’s drought?
- The Spiritual Edge: Afro-Cuban movement with meaning
Today on Your Call:Friday Media Roundtable
On today's Your Call, it’s our Friday media roundtable. This week, we’ll have a conversation about media coverage of the ongoing hunger strikes at Guantanamo Bay. We’ll also discuss the Center for Investigative Reporting story, which revealed that California prisons sterilized female inmates without state approvals. What are the challenges involved in covering prisons? We’ll be joined by the Center for Investigative Reporting’s Corey Johnson, freelance journalist Nancy and Solitary Watch’s James Ridgeway. Where did you see the best reporting this week? It’s Your Call, with Rose Aguilar and you.
James Ridgeway, investigative journalist and co-editor of Solitary Watch
Corey Johnson, investigative reporter for The Center for Investigative Reporting.
Nancy Mullane, executive producer of Life of the Law and author of Life after Murder
Mother Jones: America's 10 Worst Prisons: ADX
CJR: Inside Story
Nancy Mullane: Life After Murder: Five Men in Search of Redemption
Solitary Watch — News from a Nation in Lockdown