Most Active Stories
- Why are teachers leaving Oakland?
- The first look inside San Francisco's radical attempt to end homelessness
- Everybody disagrees on how to solve San Francisco’s affordable housing crisis
- Is Oakland’s DIY music scene in serious trouble?
- Putting an earring in my ear: the centennial of the Armenian Genocide
Today's Distraction: Slamming A Ford Focus Into A Concrete Wall At 120 MPH
What happens if a Ford Focus slams into a concrete wall at 120 mph?
The guys at the British motoring show Fifth Gear — an offshoot of the popular Top Gear — wanted to find out. They make some grand claims about the test they conducted. For example they say the test is the fastest test crash ever conducted, which brings up doubt. They also say the test was so fast, test experts didn't want to use their dummies. They're too expensive and it was likely they would be destroyed.
Anyway, the video is pretty incredible: