Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
Arts & Culture
Today's Local Music: American Nomad
There are several terms to describe today's featured band American Nomad, including “smart songwriting, catchy lyrics and strong musicianship.” The group’s sound is rooted in the traditions of folk music and swing dance which makes them naturals to appear at this weekend’s Free Folk Festival.
This is the 37th year for the Free Folk Festival, which takes place both Saturday and Sunday, at Presidio Middle School in San Francisco.
American Nomad takes the stage on Sunday, somewhere around 5pm. Check the Festival website for the full schedule of events.