Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- Today on Your Call: How are digital devices affecting children’s health?
- What's Jesse doing in Kolkata?
Arts & Culture
Today's Local Music: Barbary Ghosts
Today we are featuring the lusty sounds of The Barbary Ghosts. Their musical inspiration comes from San Francisco’s history of sea-faring fortune-seekers and general social misfits.
They’re one of the scores of musicians and instructors taking part in this weekend’s Free Folk Festival at Presidio Middle School in San Francisco.
The festival starts at noon and goes until 10pm both Saturday and Sunday on June 9th and 10th.