Most Active Stories
- Why are teachers leaving Oakland?
- The first look inside San Francisco's radical attempt to end homelessness
- Is Oakland’s DIY music scene in serious trouble?
- Everybody disagrees on how to solve San Francisco’s affordable housing crisis
- Putting an earring in my ear: the centennial of the Armenian Genocide
Arts & Culture
Today's Local Music: Barbary Ghosts
Today we are featuring the lusty sounds of The Barbary Ghosts. Their musical inspiration comes from San Francisco’s history of sea-faring fortune-seekers and general social misfits.
They’re one of the scores of musicians and instructors taking part in this weekend’s Free Folk Festival at Presidio Middle School in San Francisco.
The festival starts at noon and goes until 10pm both Saturday and Sunday on June 9th and 10th.