Most Active Stories
- Why are teachers leaving Oakland?
- The first look inside San Francisco's radical attempt to end homelessness
- Is Oakland’s DIY music scene in serious trouble?
- Everybody disagrees on how to solve San Francisco’s affordable housing crisis
- Putting an earring in my ear: the centennial of the Armenian Genocide
Arts & Culture
Today's Local Music: Brainoil
Today's local band is Brainoil, a doom and sludge-metal group from Oakland. They’re one of 25 bands descending on a new bar this weekend for The Awakening Metalfest. Brainoil will be thrashing their guitars this Friday at Neck of the Woods, on Clement Street in San Francisco, the site of the old Rockit Room. They go on at 9:20pm. Don’t be late!