Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
Arts & Culture
Today's Local Music: Brainoil
Today's local band is Brainoil, a doom and sludge-metal group from Oakland. They’re one of 25 bands descending on a new bar this weekend for The Awakening Metalfest. Brainoil will be thrashing their guitars this Friday at Neck of the Woods, on Clement Street in San Francisco, the site of the old Rockit Room. They go on at 9:20pm. Don’t be late!