Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
Arts & Culture
Today's Local Music: The Chaw
Usually the word “chaw” means to chew on something, but the music you’re hearing now is from a band called The Chaw who say that the band's name has no real meaning. Band members came up with the name while brainstorming on their bikes one day in downtown Concord.
While the name doesn’t mean much, they say that their music is about honesty, experience, and storytelling. You can find out what that means on Thursday, January 31st when The Chaw performs at Red House Studios in Walnut Creek. Music starts at 8pm and all ages are welcome.