Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
Arts & Culture
Today's local music: The Composer is Dead
Anyone with children knows that “Peter the Wolf” is a holiday staple, and an excellent introduction to classical musical instruments. And anyone with children probably also wishes there was ANOTHER introduction, for variation. That wish was actually granted a few years ago when San Franciscans Daniel Handler -- known to children by his pen name, Lemony Snicket – and composer Nathaniel Stookey created “The Composer is Dead” for the San Francisco Symphony. “The Composer is Dead” also introduces children to the instruments, but with the addition of a murder! Stookey, and the Symphony, will perform the piece at Davies Symphony Hall on Saturday (02.23) starting at 2pm.