Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
Today's Local Music
Today's Local Music: Darren Johnston
The sounds you’re hearing are by Darren Johnston. You may know him from The Nice Guy Trio, which plays throughout the Bay Area, but we’re sure you’ve never heard this music. That’s because it’s from a work that was commissioned by, and for, the Yerba Buena Gardens Festival, and is being performed for the first time this Saturday, June 22nd. The Trans-Global People’s Chorus will sing the songs, which contain phrases from letters written by a diverse group of immigrants now living in our area.
This free event takes place at the Yerba Buena Gardens in San Francisco, starting at 1:00pm.