Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- Today on Your Call: How are digital devices affecting children’s health?
- What's Jesse doing in Kolkata?
Host, Your Call
Host and Producer, Fog City Blues; Producer, Philosophy Talk
Local Morning Edition Host
Host, Revolutions Per Minute
Announcer, Arts & Cultural Host
Board Op/Announcer; Producer and Co-Host, Folk Music & Beyond
Producer, Your Call
Arts & Culture
Today's Local Music: Jim Bruno
By Steven Short
Jim Bruno, who you’re hearing now, says his biography sounds like the opening of a blues song: “I was born in Chicago, in the shadow of an iron forge.” Bruno, who lives in San Francisco now, has had his tunes recorded by the likes of Chuck Prophet and Shawn Colvin. Jim Bruno will be playing his own compositions this this Friday, August 30th, at the Bazaar Café on California Street in San Francisco. Music starts at 7:00pm.
Today's Local Music