Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
Arts & Culture
Today's local music: Lower Dens
Local music comes from outside the San Francisco borders for the week of Monday February 4.
It's because of a bet KALW made with Baltimore public radio station WTMD about the Super Bowl.
Because the 49ers lost, KALW lost the bet so all week Crosscurrents is featuring local bands from Baltimore.
Baltimore indie-rock band Lower Dens is first up - a five-piece with two full-length albums to its name: Twin Hand Movement (2010) and Nootropics (2012).
Singer/songwriter Jana Hunter is the frontwoman and she is joined by guitarist Will Adams, bassist Geoff Graham, drummer Nate Nelson, and Carter Tanton on keyboard.
Crosscurrents featured Lower Dens' song Holy Water.