Most Active Stories
- Why are teachers leaving Oakland?
- The first look inside San Francisco's radical attempt to end homelessness
- Is Oakland’s DIY music scene in serious trouble?
- Everybody disagrees on how to solve San Francisco’s affordable housing crisis
- Putting an earring in my ear: the centennial of the Armenian Genocide
Arts & Culture
Today's Local Music: The Stairwell Sisters
The Stairwell Sisters play rollicking old style music. The two founding members used to practice their harmonies in the stairwell of their workplace in San Francisco. That was twelve years later. Now, The Stairwell Sisters band bring their mix of traditional songs and new compositions to audiences throughout the Bay Area. They’re taking part in this year’s Berkeley Old Time Music Festival at the Freight and Salvage this Friday, September 15. Music starts at 8pm. And we’re pretty sure this is the only band we’ve ever featured that includes a tiple (sic). You can ask about that if you go to the show.