Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
Today's Your Call: How was the largest stimulus in US history spent?
On today’s Your Call, we’ll speak with ProPublica reporter Michael Grabell about his new book Money Well Spent? The Truth Behind the Trillion-Dollar Stimulus, The Biggest Economic Recovery Plan in History. Grabell visited stimulus projects in 15 states. He reports that good intentions were often wrecked on the rocky shores of bad politics. Where did all the money go? Join us at 10am PST or leave a comment here. What questions do you have about the largest stimulus in US history? It’s Your Call with Rose Aguilar, and you.
Michael Grabell, an investigative reporter with Propublica
Michael Grebell, Propublica: TSA Reveals Passenger Complaints … Four Years Later
Propublica: Recovery Tracker
Matt Smith, CNN: Stimulus money kept Americans off the street, study finds
Track the Money: Recovery.gov