Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Not your stereotypical ‘Surfer Girls’ at Ocean Beach
- When it Comes to Admissions, What Do Colleges Really Want?
- Today on Your Call: How can storytelling about the ocean help save it?
- Today on Your Call: What happens when parents fund public schools?
OUT in the Bay - November 17, 2011
Toni Mirosevich's "The Takeaway Bin"
Poet and writing professor Toni Mirosevich's book of poems, The Takeaway Bin, is inspired by "Oblique Strategies," a dilemma-solving game created by Brian Eno and Peter Schmidt in 1975. Have a dilemma? Pick a card. Or pick a poem. Hear Toni read from The Takeaway Bin and her earlier books of poems and flash fiction, Queer Street and The Rooms We Make Our Own, and talk with host Eric Jansen about her life and "lyric documentaries."