Most Active Stories
- In a warmer world, researchers say climate change is intensifying California's water crisis
- Upgrading San Francisco's aging pipes in times of drought
- Robots: a Hands-On Approach to STEM Education
- Your Call: Should orcas be held captive for human entertainment?
- How Should Bay Area Cities Regulate E-Cigarettes?
Top Stories: Crisis Talks In Cannes, Assange Loses Appeal, Strike In Oakland
Originally published on Wed November 2, 2011 5:58 am
Our early headlines:
Other stories of the day include:
-- "Oakland Gears Up For General Strike, Which Could Bring Thousands To Downtown." (The Oakland Tribune)
-- "U.S. Futures Rise, Commodities Climb Before Fed." (Bloomberg News)
Related: Federal Reserve policymakers release their latest economic forecast and policy statement at 12:30 p.m. ET. Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke is due to hold a news conference at 2 p.m. ET.
-- "Four North Georgia Men Charged In Alleged Covert Militia Plot." (The Atlanta Journal-Constitution)
-- "Soldier, 22, Held On Suspicion Of Spying." (Anchorage Daily News)
-- "Frank McCourt Agrees To Sell Dodgers." (Los Angeles Times)