Most Active Stories
- Why are teachers leaving Oakland?
- The first look inside San Francisco's radical attempt to end homelessness
- Everybody disagrees on how to solve San Francisco’s affordable housing crisis
- Is Oakland’s DIY music scene in serious trouble?
- Putting an earring in my ear: the centennial of the Armenian Genocide
Top Stories: New Clashes In Syria; No Softening In North Korea
Our early headlines on this last Friday of 2011 (except in Samoa):
Other stories in the news:
-- "North Korea Vows No Softening Under Its New Leader." (The Associated Press)
-- "Russia Nuclear Sub Fire Extinguished, State Media Say." (CNN)
-- "Egyptian Military Raids Foreign-Funded NGO Offices." (Morning Edition)