Most Active Stories
- Why are teachers leaving Oakland?
- The first look inside San Francisco's radical attempt to end homelessness
- Is Oakland’s DIY music scene in serious trouble?
- Everybody disagrees on how to solve San Francisco’s affordable housing crisis
- Putting an earring in my ear: the centennial of the Armenian Genocide
Top Stories: Tragedy In Conn.; 'Fiscal Cliff' Talks Continue
Our early headlines, as you would expect, were about Friday's mass murder at an elementary school in Newtown, Conn.:
The morning's other major news stories include:
-- "Afghan Landmine Blast Kills Girls." (BBC News)
-- "Boehner Floats Tax Rate Hike For Highest Earners." (Posted here late last evening.)
-- "Boehner Offers Debt-ceiling Increase In Cliff Compromise." (The Washington Post)
-- "Obama Expected To Name Kerry As Secretary Of State." (The New York Times)