Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Not your stereotypical ‘Surfer Girls’ at Ocean Beach
- When it Comes to Admissions, What Do Colleges Really Want?
- Today on Your Call: How can storytelling about the ocean help save it?
- Today on Your Call: What happens when parents fund public schools?
Tough Conversations at Work
"You need to improve." "We need to let you go." Such conversations are difficult not only for the employee but the employer. How to address such issues to everyone's maximum benefit.
On the Sep. 8, 2013 edition of Work with Marty Nemko, I'll discuss that with HR executive and author of 101 Tough Conversations to Have with Employees.
In the second half of the show you can call in for a 3-Minute Workover. I'll try to help you solve the career conundrum you or someone you love is facing.
Work with Marty Nemko is heard every Sunday from 11 AM to noon on KALW, 91.7 FM in San Francisco and worldwide on kalw.org. The podcast is available for a week on the NPR site and in perpetuity on this page.