Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- When it Comes to Admissions, What Do Colleges Really Want?
- What's Jesse doing in Kolkata?
Tough-Love, Curmudgeonly Career Advice
Career counselors, including me, tend to err toward the positive. After all, people who seek career help are often down in the dumps and crave an uplift. Indeed, I try on my show, Work with Marty Nemko, to, while remaining honest and realistic, look to find the positive.
But on the May 26, 2013 edition of Work with Marty Nemko, I'll be different: It'll be the tough-love hour. Sometimes, some people, would benefit more from some direct, no-nonsense tough love, even if it sounds curmudgeonly.
If you dare, call in for some straight-shooting, blunt career advice. In between calls, I'll share some honest career advice that will likely make some listeners feel uncomfortable.
Work with Marty Nemko is heard every Sunday from 11 am to noon on KALW, 91.7 FM, San Francisco.
Work with Marty Nemko